Monday, January 24, 2011

Multitudes on Mondays



I was planning on writing these gratitudes lists on mondays, but today is especially hard to write what I'm grateful for. I feel very ungrateful. I could list about twenty complaints right now very easily... but write my blessings? I don't feel like it. I'm mad, a little sad. Like a kid, stomping my foot.

Maybe because of that, it's all the more important to express my gratitude. Because God my be allowing me to go through some trial, but what is that compared to the blessings He's continually sustaining me with, even though I am having a hard time seeing it right now. The Bible talks a lot about praising God in the midst of hardship. It's easy to praise God when everything is going perfectly, but so difficult when things get hard. Yet still God calls us to open up to the joy he still wants to give us! "The joy of the Lord is my strength" (Nehemiah 8,10).

So here goes:
  1. I am thankful for my family pizza dinner last Saturday, which was cozy and fun
  2. having family nearby
  3. a clean, safe house for shelter
  4. warm, clean clothes
  5. a warm shower this morning
  6. buying fresh bread every few days at bakeries
  7. warm oatmeal with kiwi and rasberries
  8. having Jesus to lean on
  9. a fireplace (I have yet to use!)
  10. the beach I can visit each morning
  11. an income until March
  12. hope
  13. scarves, gloves, hats
  14. owning a cake pan (my first try at cake was a disaster, hopefully they will get better!)
  15. eating chocolate with peanut butter spread on
  16. dancing in my living room
  17. Mother Teresa quotes:
"Let us more and more insist on raising funds of love, of kindness, of understanding, of peace. Money will come if we seek first the Kingdom of God - the rest will be given."

"Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less."

"God doesn't require us to succeed; he only requires that you try."

My first cake...
looked good on the outside, but then the knife wouldn't go through.
Better luck next time?!

No comments:

Post a Comment