Friday, January 06, 2012

Theses

Yesterday was a special day. I returned to my alma mater to watch my friend Catia, the only other girl my age in my classes in college, and a very intelligent and interesting person, defend her thesis. I loved seeing people I hadn't seen in a while, hearing beautiiful things and being really proud of her. One of my favorite thoughts of the things that were said was that God took the people of Israel to the desert to save His marriage. To purify them of their idols and to romance them. Here is Catia drinking water in front of the jury...
They were tough on her! But she responded brilliantly and humbly. There were at least 30 or 40 people there, a record in these types of things. Here she is in the group picture at the end, you can barely see her...
It was pretty different from mine, which was a year ago. They were nicer to me. I had just a few people, but they were incredibly special and having each on there was so meaningful. It was really the culminating of a long journey. From left to right: my friend and colleague Dora, my #1 supporter and BF Daniel, me and the three professors on my jury, a friend and colleague that once led a Bible Study with me (João), my goddaughter and friend Mary John and my sister.

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment