Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sushi and sisterhood

I know my life is going okay when I have time to have lunch with my sister and talk to her on the phone at night before bed...

And I know living in Portugal is going to be okay when I find I have fusion sushi walking-distance from my house! There aren't a lot of good Japanese restaurants here... and this is the first fusion Japanese we've seen. Sushi with cheese and rucola... who knew! We ate the all-you-can-eat buffet out of house and home, as we usually do... and just when we thought we couldn't eat anymore they brought out avocado-covered sushi.... WOW! It was an amazing experience. We discussed various theories on why we eat more than the typical Portuguese person and came to the conclusion that it's the type of food they eat here (meat, carbs, fried things, very few vegetables...) and lack of exercise/sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment