Monday, July 02, 2012

Born in the USA Birthday Picnic

Last Saturday I had a wonderful birthday and I felt super loved. I am so thankful for all the people, near and far, who I am privileged to share life with. 

The decorations for the party didn't go as planned. I had lots of plans that didn't go through and the wind ruined my plans for a fringe garland. Everyone was really nice and said it looked good anyway...


Everyone brought something to share, like this delicious quiche for example...


I made veggie burgers... 


And flag cupcakes!


Everyone sang happy birthday to me... including myself... in Portuguese and in English. Happy birthday to me...


The wind didn't let us light the candles but I pretended to blow them out anyway... 


Even though I said no presents, everyone brought one anyway. My friend Sofia was SOOO thoughtful and spent the whole week EMBROIDERING for me. I was touched. 

My friend Helena got sweets made with the American and Portuguese flags...

I really loved just hanging out and talking to really special people...

The day ended with a special mass where a couple that helps me and my boyfriend professed their final vows as missionaries for the Verbum Dei congregation. It was like a second wedding...!

No comments:

Post a Comment