Thursday, January 31, 2013

A sticker of love

The highlight of my four-year-old students' little lives are getting the stickers at the end of each unit in their English book. They all put stickers that say "Unit 4" on their hands or shirts and consider it the best day ever. While we were leaving the classroom in a line, I stopped to ask a little blonde boy with red glasses why he was crying hysterically. He explained it was because his sticker had ripped in half. I tried to calm him down and make him see how unimportant a ripped sticker is in the grander scheme of things and was having little to no success (as usual) when, suddenly, the little girl next to him took off her sticker and offered it to him. There was a brief moment of silence, then his entire face lit up and he gave her a hearty hug. I was touched. So it's true, she pushes other kids in line and always wants to be first, but we all have our faults. Right? And that was an act of true love. 

Presents from my 2nd grade CCD students (and the famous "July" spelling of my name)... 

1 comment:

  1. "...for the kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these".

    ReplyDelete