Thursday, January 29, 2015

Generous distributors of grace

READING 1 Peter 4:8-11a
As generous distributors of God’s manifold grace, put your gifts at the service of one another, each in the measure he has received. The one who speaks is to deliver God’s message. The one who serves is to do it with the strength provided by God. Thus, in all of you God is to be glorified through Jesus Christ.
(From today's morning prayer)

I've been thinking a lot about why to blog. I think the question has to be, Does God want me to blog? And why? It's a pretty awkward question. Why would the all-powerful creator of the universe want me to ramble about my life or give my (usually uninformed and silly) opinions about things?
 
I think, like anything we do, it can't be about showing off or about getting approval/affirmation/praise from others. It has to be like what He talks about in this reading today. We have been given to freely, so we must give freely back. Use our gifts and that which we receive. Which in my case is writing, "spiritual" thoughts, Truth, beauty, organization, family, HELP. 
 
My beautiful family RECEIVING at a New Year's Eve mini "retreat"...  




A blogger's prayer: http://www.aholyexperience.com/a-bloggers-prayer/



...Follow this blog on FacebookBloglovin'Feedly and on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment